A 1 day Uganda gorilla tour to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest or Mgahinga National park starting from Kigali and driving back to Kigali for drop off. This is a convenient and cost-effective tour for visitors in Rwanda with limited time for tours and on budget. The one day gorilla tour in Uganda from Kigali is a perfect alternative for a day gorilla tour to the Volcanoes national park, but with an added advantage of spending less on your gorilla permit.
Early at 3:00 am, our driver guide will pick you from Kigali and transfer you to Uganda via Cyanika border to Kisoro or Katuna border in Kabale. It will take you approximately 4 hours to reach the national park to join the other travelers for a briefing. You may have breakfast during the briefing time. At 8:00 am, you will hike into the tropical forest following specific trails in search of the allocated gorilla family. The trekking time ranges from 30 minutes to several hours but the interaction with gorillas lasts for an hour. You will then descend and transfer back to Kigali for a return flight.
Included in this tour package;
• Hiking permit fee
• Park Ranger Fees
• Relevant Government Taxes
• Full Board Accommodation
• Full-time English speaking Driver/Guide
• Ground Transportation by a 4×4 safari vehicle
• Airport transfer, as long as your flight is on the same day on which the safari ends.
• Visa Fees
• Personal Insurance
• Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation & meals not indicated in the itinerary and optional activities.
- Mandatory hand washing
- Mandatory face masking
- Keep a distance of 2 meters away
- Before boarding your plane, you will be required to show your covid 19 negative test results which should be valid for not more than 72hrs (applies for both Rwanda and Uganda)
- Also you are supposed to fill a locator form (link below) which you will also be asked before boarding (failure to have it, you will be denied boarding)
- Once you arrive in Kigali, you will take another covid 19 test and be in self quarantine at any of the chosen hotels in Kigali for 24hrs as you wait for your covid 19 test results
You will then start your tour after your results have returned and you are proved negative
- These results expire every after 72hrs, hence if your tour is still going on, you will need another test to allow you enter any other park or do any other activity after 72hrs of your test. (This applies to Rwanda only, not Uganda)
- Before departure from Rwanda or Uganda, you need to do another covid 19 test not more than 72hrs before your departure as you will be required to present your results before boarding your departure flight.
- While on your tour, you are advised to carry your masks and maintain social distance whenever you are in the public
For any inquiries, booking and travel related questions, contact us