Join a 5 Days Rwanda gorillas & chimpanzee Safari to trek mountain gorillas in Volcanoes national park and Chimpanzee Trekking Tour/canopy walk in Nyungwe forest national park with Gorilla Trek Africa.
Day 1:Transfer to Nyungwe Forest national park
Day 2:Chimpanzee tracking & canopy walk
Day 3:Transfer to Volcanoes national park for gorilla tracking
Day 4:Gorilla tracking
Day 5: Transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe National park. (5-6hrs drive)
Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking and afternoon Forest Canopy walk.
In the morning, you will set off to Kyamudongo forest for briefing and then proceed for chimpanzee tracking adventure, an activity that may take several hours as chimps usually move deep into the forest. After seeing them, you will drive back to the hotel for lunch and in the afternoon, go for forest canopy walk to have a scenic view of the forest from high above. Dinner and overnight Gisakura Guesthouse (budget)/ Emeraude Kivu Resort (deluxe/ luxury)/ One and Only Nyungwe house (super luxury).
Day 3. Transfer to Volcanoes national park (6-8hrs drive)
Early morning, you will set off a spectacular drive to Volcanoes national park with stop overs for photography and lunch. Reach Volcanoes national park in the afternoon to relax at your lodge. Dinner and overnight at Muhabura hotel (budget)/ Davinci lodge (deluxe)/ Five Volcanoes hotel/ Tiloreza Volcanoes Eco lodge (luxury)/ Sabyinyo Silverback lodge/ Bisate lodge (super luxury).
Day 4. Gorilla tracking
In the morning, you will be transferred to the park headquarters for
briefing before proceeding to track gorillas. On return, you will transfer
back to your lodge for relaxation. In the evening, you will go for a cultural experience at the Gorilla Guardians’ village formerly known as Iby’wachu cultural village. Dinner and overnight at Muhabura hotel (budget)/ Davinci lodge (deluxe)/ Five Volcanoes hotel/ Tiloreza Volcanoes Eco lodge (luxury)/ Sabyinyo Silverback lodge/ Bisate lodge (super luxury).
Day 5. Golden monkey tracking and transfer back to Kigali.
Early morning, you will go for briefing at the park headquarters and then proceed for golden monkey tracking.On return, transfer back to Kigali for drop off at your hotel or airport
Price: Starts from USD3000 per person
Safari Cost inclusions
• Gorilla Trekking permit
• Chimpanzee Trekking permit
• Park Ranger Fees
• Relevant Government Taxes
• Full Board Accommodation
• Full-time English speaking Driver/Guide
• Ground Transportation by a 4×4 safari vehicle
• Airport transfer, as long as your flight is on the same day on which the safari ends.
• Visa Fees
• Personal Insurance
- Mandatory hand washing
- Mandatory face masking
- Keep a distance of 2 meters away
- Before boarding your plane, you will be required to show your covid 19 negative test results which should be valid for not more than 72hrs (applies for both Rwanda and Uganda)
- Also you are supposed to fill a locator form (link below) which you will also be asked before boarding (failure to have it, you will be denied boarding)
- Once you arrive in Kigali, you will take another covid 19 test and be in self quarantine at any of the chosen hotels in Kigali for 24hrs as you wait for your covid 19 test results
You will then start your tour after your results have returned and you are proved negative
- These results expire every after 72hrs, hence if your tour is still going on, you will need another test to allow you enter any other park or do any other activity after 72hrs of your test. (This applies to Rwanda only, not Uganda)
- Before departure from Rwanda or Uganda, you need to do another covid 19 test not more than 72hrs before your departure as you will be required to present your results before boarding your departure flight.
- While on your tour, you are advised to carry your masks and maintain social distance whenever you are in the public
For any inquiries, booking and travel related questions, contact us