Tanzania Wildlife Safari – 9 days tour itinerary includes Serengeti national park, Ngorongoro Crater, Taragire Wildlife Safari for the famous for Big Five animals – buffalos, cheetahs, elephants, lions and rhinos, witness the great wildebeest migration and so much more.
Trip starts: Kilimanjaro International Airport, Tanzania (JRO)
Trip ends: Kilimanjaro International Airport, Tanzania (JRO)
Day 1: Kilimanjaro Airport to Arusha
You will be welcomed on arrival at Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO) and transferred to Arusha.
Overnight The African Tulip Hotel – B&B
Day 2: Arusha to Tarangire National Park
You will be picked up from your hotel in Arusha for a transfer to Tarangire National Park for game drives in this expansive park with majestic baobab trees and large herds of elephants. Dinner and Overnight
Tarangire Safari Lodge – FB Night game drive operated by Lodge is available, subject to weather conditions.
Day 3: Tarangire to Ngorongoro Crater Rim
Enjoy another day of game drives in Tarangire. You can go for an optional guided walk in the bush in the morning (fees extra), or transfer to Esilalei Village located near Lake Manyara for a Maasai Boma visit to interact with this indigenous tribe of Tanzania (fees extra). In the afternoon, transfer to Ngorongoro Crater Rim for relaxation and overnight stay. Dinner and Overnight Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge – FB
Day 4: Ngorongoro Crater to Central Serengeti
You will go for an early morning game drive in Ngorongoro Crater. Nearly three million years old, the ancient caldera of the once-volcanic Ngorongoro shelters one of the most beautiful havens on earth, ringed with towering walls and sheltering forests, grasslands, fresh springs and a large soda lake. After lunch, proceed to Serengeti National Park.
Serengeti National Park is home to the big five – lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos and buffaloes – but also to hundreds of colorful and lesser-known species such as lilac-breasted rollers, intricately marbled Charaxes butterflies and umbrella thorn acacia trees. Enjoy an afternoon game drive in central Serengeti.
Dinner and Overnight Kati Kati Tented Camp – FB
Day 5. 22nd Aug: Full Day in Central Serengeti
Enjoy a full day of game drives in central Serengeti. There is also a hippo pool in Seronera Valley you can visit over lunch.
Dinner and Overnight at Kati Kati Tented Camp – FB
Day 6: Central to Northern Serengeti
Enjoy an en-route game drive as you drive from central to northern Serengeti for the Great Wildebeest Migration. This is a 5-6 hours drive. Enjoy an afternoon game drive in the Kogatende area of northern Serengeti, where the herds are expected to be seen during this time of year.
Dinner and overnight at Chaka Camp – FB
Day 7: Northern Serengeti
You have the option to go for an early morning hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti plains. (Optional activity: US$560 per person, advance booking required.) Enjoy morning and afternoon game drives in northern Serengeti. The movement of almost two million wild animals is the driving force of the ecology of most of the Serengeti eco-system. Predators follow these herds like sharks following a shoal of fish. Great wildlife viewing is guaranteed because the young animals make easy prey.
Dinner and overnight at Chaka Camp – FB
Day 8: Northern Serengeti
Enjoy morning and afternoon game drives in northern Serengeti. If you are lucky, you may spot a Mara River crossing!
Dinner and overnight Chaka Camp – FB
Day 9: Northern Serengeti to Kilimanjaro Airport
After your morning in Serengeti, you will be dropped off at Kogatende Airstrip for your 09:25 bush flight to Kilimanjaro Airport, arriving at 12:30 to connect with your onward international departure (3:40 pm).
End of Service
Note: FB = Full Board, B&B = Bed & Breakfast
– Required National Park entry & Conservation fees
– Accommodations as specified in the itinerary
– Meal plan as per itinerary + Lunch on the first day of safari
– One-way flight from Kogatende to Kilimanjaro Airport
– Service of an English-peaking driver guide while on Safari
– Wildlife viewing drives in a specially customized 4-wheel drive Land cruiser with pop-up roof for easy photography on exclusive basis
– Complimentary bottled drinking water provided in safari vehicle
– Flying Doctors air ambulance cover for the duration of your Tanzania safari
– Airport transfer from Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO) in Tanzania
– Alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages (purchase directly from camps/lodges)
– Any domestic flights not mentioned above
– Any international flights and applicable departure taxes
– Tanzania tourist visas
– Yellow fever vaccination and other immunization costs
– Travel insurance for medical emergencies, trip cancellations, etc.
– Optional night game drive in Tarangire (US$125 per person)
– Optional bush walk in Tarangire (US$80 per person)
– Optional Maasai village tour near Lake Manyara (US$50 per person)
– Optional hot air balloon ride in the Serengeti (US$560 per person)
– Optional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
– Excess luggage fees where applicable – book in advance (note 15kg per person)
– Laundry, phone calls, internet use and other items of a personal nature
– Tips for driver(s), guide(s), hotel/camp/lodge staff
– Any other items not mentioned above