The 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National park normally begins from either Kigali. The drive time from kigali to Uganda is a much shorter driving distance into Uganda. Or this tour can begin from Kampala driving 8 - 9 hours southern Uganda into Bwindi national park.
Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Ruhija Sector in Bwindi
Day 2: Gorilla trekking experience
Day 3: Departure
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park.
Pick up from the hotel after breakfast and drive southwestwards to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National park, with a stopover in Mbarara town for lunch. Proceed through a breath-taking scenic view popularly known as the "Switzerland of Africa" to the park.
Day 2: Gorilla Tracking and Cultural Walk.
Have an early breakfast and head to the park headquarters for a briefing from the park rangers about the dos and don'ts while with the gorillas. Proceed for the memorable adventure penetrating the impenetrable forest in search for the gentle giants. This may take 2-8 hours depending on the movement of the animals. You will spend maximum time of one hour enjoying the gorilla's play, feed or rest while taking your observations and photographs. In the evening, you may go for a cultural walk in the nearby Batwa (Pygmies) community, where you will be entertained and given tales of their unique culture.
Day 3: Transfer to Kampala.
Take your breakfast and embark on your journey back to Kampala with a stopover at the equator for photography. Lunch en route reaching late in the afternoon and you will be transferred to your hotel for dinner and overnight or to the airport for your departure flight.
Inclusions in this safari
• Gorilla Permits
• Park Entrance Fees
• Relevant Government Taxes
• Full Board Accommodation
• Full-time English speaking Driver/Guide
• Ground Transportation by a 4×4 safari vehicle
• Airport transfer, as long as your flight is on the same day on which the safari ends.
• Visa Fees
• Personal Insurance
- Mandatory hand washing
- Mandatory face masking
- Keep a distance of 2 meters away
- Before boarding your plane, you will be required to show your covid 19 negative test results which should be valid for not more than 72hrs (applies for both Rwanda and Uganda)
- Also you are supposed to fill a locator form (link below) which you will also be asked before boarding (failure to have it, you will be denied boarding)
- Once you arrive in Kigali, you will take another covid 19 test and be in self quarantine at any of the chosen hotels in Kigali for 24hrs as you wait for your covid 19 test results
- These results expire every after 72hrs, hence if your tour is still going on, you will need another test to allow you enter any other park or do any other activity after 72hrs of your test. (This applies to Rwanda only, not Uganda)
- Before departure from Rwanda or Uganda, you need to do another covid 19 test not more than 72hrs before your departure as you will be required to present your results before boarding your departure flight.
- While on your tour, you are advised to carry your masks and maintain social distance whenever you are in the public
You will then start your tour after your results have returned and you are proved negative
For any inquiries, booking and travel related questions, contact us