3 Days lowland gorilla trekking tour in Congo starts and ends in Kigali, crossing over to DR Congo, in Bukavu province for lowland gorilla tracking in Kahuzi Biega National Park. Gorilla Trek Africa guides you to trek the lowland gorillas which are the largest gorilla specie in the world.
Day 1:Transfer to Bukavu- DR Congo
Day 2:Lowland Gorilla tracking tour in Kahuzi Biega - DR Congo
Day 3:Transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Transfer to Bukavu- DR Congo
In the morning, you will be picked by the driver from your hotel in Kigali and drive southwards to Cyangugu boarder on the way to Bukavu in DR Congo. You will have a stopover in Butare, where you will visit the national museum of Rwanda, the king's palace in Nyanza, and the Rwanda genocide memorial site. After lunch, continue on a scenic journey to Bukavu with wonderful views of the hills in Rwanda through the tropical forest of
Nyungwe National park. Dinner and overnight at Panorama Hotel Resort
Day 2: Lowland Gorilla tracking tour in Kahuzi Biega - DR Congo
In the morning, you will head for the memorable adventure of tracking the lowland gorillas in Kahuzi Biega National park. Tacking lowland Gorillas is very amazing, lowland Gorillas differ from the mountain gorillas, the lowland gorillas are bigger in size, usually takes 1-4 hours tracking the Lowland Gorillas. The lowland Gorillas stay in bigger families as compared to mountain gorillas; you will not regret the safari effort once you meet the amazing Gorillas! After tracking, you will go for a nature walk in the Kahuzi Biega park and visit Tshibati waterfalls, visit Bukavu town, Mbayo tea plantations, the research center, and the surrounding traditional homes. Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Transfer to Kigali
You will have an early morning breakfast at the lodge, check out and drive back crossing to Kigali for your catchup flight.
End of the tour
Included in this tour package;
• Gorilla Permits
• Park Ranger Fees
• Relevant Government Taxes
• Full Board Accommodation
• Full-time English speaking Driver/Guide
• Ground Transportation by a 4×4 safari vehicle
• Airport transfer, as long as your flight is on the same day on which the safari ends.
• Visa Fees
• Personal Insurance
• Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation & meals not indicated in the itinerary and optional activities
- Mandatory hand washing
- Mandatory face masking
- Keep a distance of 2 meters away
- Before boarding your plane, you will be required to show your covid 19 negative test results which should be valid for not more than 72hrs (applies for both Rwanda and Uganda)
- Also you are supposed to fill a locator form (link below) which you will also be asked before boarding (failure to have it, you will be denied boarding)
- Once you arrive in Kigali, you will take another covid 19 test and be in self quarantine at any of the chosen hotels in Kigali for 24hrs as you wait for your covid 19 test results
You will then start your tour after your results have returned and you are proved negative
- These results expire every after 72hrs, hence if your tour is still going on, you will need another test to allow you enter any other park or do any other activity after 72hrs of your test. (This applies to Rwanda only, not Uganda)
- Before departure from Rwanda or Uganda, you need to do another covid 19 test not more than 72hrs before your departure as you will be required to present your results before boarding your departure flight.
- While on your tour, you are advised to carry your masks and maintain social distance whenever you are in the public
For any inquiries, booking and travel related questions, contact us