The 3 Days Rwanda gorillas & golden monkey trekking tour to Volcanoes National Park is the best package to see the endangered primates of Rwanda. Meet face to face with the endangered gorillas and the playful golden monkeys in their natural habitats. The safari starts and ends in Kigali Rwanda
Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park.
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla Tracking and afternoon nature/cultural walk.
Day 3: Golden monkey tracking and Transfer back to Kigali.
Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
You will be picked from the hotel and go for a city tour to see the genocide memorial and local markets and later drive northwards to Volcanoes National Park. Dinner and overnight stay at Muhabura Hotel(Budget)/Davinci Lodge (deluxe) / Tiloreza Volcanoes Eco Lodge/ Five Volcanoes hotel(Luxury).
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla Tracking and afternoon nature/cultural walk
Assemble at the park headquarters for a briefing in the morning together with your trekking gear and drinking water and ascend in the forest to track the gorillas. Once you have caught up with them, you will be allowed not more than an hour to observe, learn and take photos of these gentle giants before returning to your lodge. In the evening, you may go for cultural walk to the Iby’wachu village for a cultural treat or take a nature walk to the twin lakes. Dinner and overnight stay at your Lodge.
Day 3: Golden monkey tracking and Transfer back to Kigali
In the morning, you will go for briefing at the park headquarters and proceed for golden monkey tracking, a somehow easier trek that is less strenuous compared to the gorilla trek. You are also allowed to be with them for not more than an hour. On return, you will transfer back to Kigali.
End of the tour
- Mandatory hand washing
- Mandatory face masking
- Keep a distance of 2 meters away
- Before boarding your plane, you will be required to show your covid 19 negative test results which should be valid for not more than 72hrs (applies for both Rwanda and Uganda)
- Also you are supposed to fill a locator form (link below) which you will also be asked before boarding (failure to have it, you will be denied boarding)
- Once you arrive in Kigali, you will take another covid 19 test and be in self quarantine at any of the chosen hotels in Kigali for 24hrs as you wait for your covid 19 test results
You will then start your tour after your results have returned and you are proved negative
- These results expire every after 72hrs, hence if your tour is still going on, you will need another test to allow you enter any other park or do any other activity after 72hrs of your test. (This applies to Rwanda only, not Uganda)
- Before departure from Rwanda or Uganda, you need to do another covid 19 test not more than 72hrs before your departure as you will be required to present your results before boarding your departure flight.
- While on your tour, you are advised to carry your masks and maintain social distance whenever you are in the public
For any inquiries, booking and travel related questions, contact us