The 3 day Rwanda gorilla safari is an exceptional package that rewards you with a face to face encounter with mountain gorillas and ibyiwacu cultural tour. The tour starts and ends in Kigali Rwanda.
Day 1: Arrive at Kigali airport, meet a tour guide from Gorilla Trek Africa and transfer to Volcanoes national park
Day 2: Gorilla trekking expedition in Volcanoes national park and transfer to Lake Kivu
Day 3: Return to Kigali for your scheduled flight
Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes National park.
On arrival, you will be welcomed by our Driver/guide who will transfer you northwards to Volcanoes national park in Musanze, home to 360 Mountain Gorillas. Dinner and overnight at Dinner and overnight at Toloreza Eco Lodge (Luxury) Da Vinci Lodge (deluxe) (Muhabura Hotel (Budget).
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla Tracking.
In the morning transfer to Kinigi park headquarters for a briefing by the park warden. Guests are accordingly allocated their specific gorilla groups for tracking in respect to their physical abilities. At 8:00 am the local time all tourists will transfer to various starting points for gorilla trekking. Normally it takes 1 to 6 hours to encounter the mountain gorillas as they keep moving from one point to another. Upon spotting them, you are free to stay in their presence taking photographs and imitating their calls. Then return to the point where your vehicle is stationed so as to transfer you to the next available programme.
Spend part of your evening at Ib'iwachu Cultural Village. Transfer to Lake Kivu and stay overnight on Lake Kivu one of the deepest Albertine lakes of East Africa. Enjoy views of Nyiragongo Volcanoes in DR Congo. Dinner and overnight at Toloreza Eco Lodge (Luxury) Da Vinci Lodge (deluxe) (Muhabura Hotel (Budget).
Day 3: Transfer to Kigali for city tour & Departure
After breakfast transfer back to Kigali. Your tour guide may take you around the city - visit the Gisozi Genocide Memorial Site and the local handicrafts market, then proceed to the airport for your departure flight.
Included in this tour package;
• Hiking permit fee
• Park Ranger Fees
• Relevant Government Taxes
• Full Board Accommodation
• Full-time English speaking Driver/Guide
• Ground Transportation by a 4×4 safari vehicle
• Airport transfer, as long as your flight is on the same day on which the safari ends.
• Visa Fees
• Personal Insurance
• Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation & meals not indicated in the itinerary and optional activitie
- Mandatory hand washing
- Mandatory face masking
- Keep a distance of 2 meters away
- Before boarding your plane, you will be required to show your covid 19 negative test results which should be valid for not more than 72hrs (applies for both Rwanda and Uganda)
- Also you are supposed to fill a locator form (link below) which you will also be asked before boarding (failure to have it, you will be denied boarding)
- Once you arrive in Kigali, you will take another covid 19 test and be in self quarantine at any of the chosen hotels in Kigali for 24hrs as you wait for your covid 19 test results
You will then start your tour after your results have returned and you are proved negative
- These results expire every after 72hrs, hence if your tour is still going on, you will need another test to allow you enter any other park or do any other activity after 72hrs of your test. (This applies to Rwanda only, not Uganda)
- Before departure from Rwanda or Uganda, you need to do another covid 19 test not more than 72hrs before your departure as you will be required to present your results before boarding your departure flight.
- While on your tour, you are advised to carry your masks and maintain social distance whenever you are in the public