The 2 Days Uganda gorilla tour to Bwindi begins from Kigali airport via Cyanika border to trek in either Bwindi or Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in Kisoro. You can also cross via Katna border to trek gorillas in either sectors (Buhoma, Rushaga and Nkuringo ) of Bwindi Forest National Park. All this depends on the availability of gorilla permits in either sector of the park.
Day 1: Pick up & transfer to Bwindi Forest National Park
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking & Departure
Day 1:Transfer to Bwindi National Park (4 - 5 hrs drive).
You will be picked from the hotel in Kigali and drive northwards across the border to Bwindi National Park in Uganda with en route stops for sight seeing.
Dinner and overnight stay at Trekkers' Tavern Cottages (budget)/Bakiga lodge /L. Mulehe Safari Lodge (deluxe)/ Four Gorillas lodge/ Gorilla Heights lodge (Luxury).
Day 2. Mountain Gorilla Tracking and transfer back to Kigali.
Assemble at the park headquarters for a briefing in the morning together with your trekking gear and drinking water and ascend in the forest to track the gorillas. Once you find them, you will be given a maximum of 1hr to be with them as you take photos and observe their behaviors. On return, you will transfer back to Kigali.
Safari cost inclusions
• Hiking permit fee
• Park Ranger Fees
• Relevant Government Taxes
• Full Board Accommodation
• Full-time English speaking Driver/Guide
• Ground Transportation by a 4×4 safari vehicle
• Airport transfer, as long as your flight is on the same day on which the safari ends.
• Visa Fees
• Personal Insurance
- Mandatory hand washing
- Mandatory face masking
- Keep a distance of 2 meters away
- Before boarding your plane, you will be required to show your covid 19 negative test results which should be valid for not more than 72hrs (applies for both Rwanda and Uganda)
- Also you are supposed to fill a locator form (link below) which you will also be asked before boarding (failure to have it, you will be denied boarding)
- Once you arrive in Kigali, you will take another covid 19 test and be in self quarantine at any of the chosen hotels in Kigali for 24hrs as you wait for your covid 19 test results
You will then start your tour after your results have returned and you are proved negative
- These results expire every after 72hrs, hence if your tour is still going on, you will need another test to allow you enter any other park or do any other activity after 72hrs of your test. (This applies to Rwanda only, not Uganda)
- Before departure from Rwanda or Uganda, you need to do another covid 19 test not more than 72hrs before your departure as you will be required to present your results before boarding your departure flight.
- While on your tour, you are advised to carry your masks and maintain social distance whenever you are in the public
For any inquiries, booking and travel related questions, contact us