Rwanda Safari Packing List For Gorilla Trekking
When packing for your Rwanda safari, make sure to pack light – pack only what you must have, as baggage can make you uncomfortable and spoil your dream vacation. Below is a check list to help you pack only the essentials for an African safari, there than packing unnecessary items.
Traveling documents to be put in your hand carry with luggage
- Valid Passport to unto 6 months, required visas
- Emergency phone numbers
- Travel insurance to Africa is very necessary
- Have money on you, a money belt that hangs around your waist or neck is recommended
- Travel guides and maps of the country you are visiting
- Necessary vaccination documents, medical history if you have any medical issues
- Make copies of your passport and keep them in your luggage box
- Your confirmed Itinerary, details of your travel company
- Comfortable sturdy safari shoes, waterproof works best. Sandals for the evenings
- Enough pairs of comfortable breathable socks
- A safari hut
- Neutral colors – avoid bright colors for wildlife viewing, avoid white as it easily catches dirt.
- swimming costume
- Long trousers and comfortable shorts
- Comfortable long sleeved and short sleeved shirts
- A jacket and sweater is a very necessary accessary
Note: Laundry services are available at every hotel and accommodation you go at at a small fee. Make sure to ask for help from your guide
- Mosquito repellant very necessary
- Sunglasses ad sun lotion
- Camera – with no flash light for gorilla trekking
- Flash light or head lump
- Electricity adaptor
- Travel alarm clock
- Safari journal and a note book to keep your memories
- Malaria tablets
- Camera, memory cards, enough batteries & camera charger
- Wet Wipes and hand sanitizer or antibacterial soap
- small pocket scissors
- Toothbrush, tooth paste and dental floss
- Hair shampoo and lotion
- pain killers
- Antiseptic cream
- Spectacles in applicable, Contact lens and an extra pair
- Lip balm and Vaseline
- Allergy remedy
- Basic antibiotics
- Sanitary necessities
- A daypack is very handy
- Bottled drinking water
- Water proof back pack
CHECK RELATED TOURS
A 7 days Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park, the home of mountain gorillas in Rwanda. This is the best trip for primates enthusiasts!
Enjoy gorilla trekking in both countries – Rwanda & Uganda. Do not miss golden monkeys tracking in either Mgahinga or Volcanoes national parks.
Gorilla safari to Uganda’s Bwindi national park and wildlife viewing along the Kazinga channel and on a game drive in Queen Elizabeth national park.
The 6 Days Uganda Gorilla safari takes you to Bwindi national park, Kibale national park for chimps trekking & Murchison falls national park for amazing views of the waterfall.
Adventurous taking you to see Uganda’s prime National parks like Queen Elizabeth for wildlife, Bwindi for gorilla tours, Kibale for Chimps
A Grand Safari in Uganda that includes Uganda Culture, Gorilla Trekking, chimps trekking, Murchison falls & Lake Mburo tour. This is one of the most rewarding trips offering much to see in less time!
Explore DR Congo for gorilla trekking in Virunga National park; go hiking Nyiragongo Volcano and track gorillas again in Volcanoes, Rwanda.