If you have for long wished to spend time with the mountain gorillas; one of the most sought-after primate specie while enjoying the spoils of some of the most spectacular lodges, look no further than this tour package. You will have an opportunity to visit gorillas on two different occasions while having peaceful and more comfortable nights in the area.
Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Day 2: 1st Mountain Gorilla Tracking and afternoon nature/cultural walk.
Day 3: 2nd Mountain Gorilla tracking
Day 4: Golden monkey tracking and transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park.
You will be picked from the hotel and go for a city tour to see the genocide memorial and local markets and later drive northwards to Volcanoes National Park. Dinner and overnight stay at Bisate lodge / Sabyinyo Silverback lodge. FB
Day 2: 1stMountain Gorilla Tracking and afternoon nature/cultural walk.
Assemble at the park headquarters for a briefing in the morning together with your trekking gear and drinking water and ascend in the forest to track the gorillas. Once you have caught up with them, you will be allowed not more than an hour to observe, learn and take photos of these gentle giants before returning to your lodge. In the evening, you may go for cultural walk to the Iby’wachu village for a cultural treat or take a nature walk to the twin lakes. Dinner and overnight stay at your Lodge.
Day 3: 2nd Mountain Gorilla tracking
In the morning, you will be driven to the park headquarters for briefing and gorilla group allocation before starting off to track the gorillas on your second gorilla tracking encounter. Unlike the previous day, this time you will be allocated a different gorilla family which will diversify your experience. Once you have reached them, you will be given a maximum of 1hr with them before returning to your lodge. Overnight and dinner at Day 2.
Day 4: Golden monkey tracking and transfer back to Kigali.
In the morning, you will go for briefing at the park headquarters and proceed for golden monkey tracking, a somehow easier trek that is less strenuous compared to the gorilla trek. You are also allowed to be with them for not more than an hour. On return, you will transfer back to Kigali.
Price: USD10,700 per person staying at Bisate lodge
USD7700 per person staying at Sabyinyo Silverback lodge
Included in this tour package;
• 2 Gorilla trekking permits
• Golden monkey permit
• Park Ranger Fees
• Relevant Government Taxes
• Full Board Accommodation
• Full time English speaking Driver/Guide
• Ground Transportation by a 4×4 safari vehicle
• Airport transfer, as long as your flight is on the same day on which the safari ends.
• Visa Fees for Rwanda
• Personal Insurance
• Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation & meals not indicated in the itinerary and optional activities.
- Mandatory hand washing
- Mandatory face masking
- Keep a distance of 2 meters away
- Before boarding your plane, you will be required to show your covid 19 negative test results which should be valid for not more than 72hrs (applies for both Rwanda and Uganda)
- Also you are supposed to fill a locator form (link below) which you will also be asked before boarding (failure to have it, you will be denied boarding)
- Once you arrive in Kigali, you will take another covid 19 test and be in self quarantine at any of the chosen hotels in Kigali for 24hrs as you wait for your covid 19 test results
You will then start your tour after your results have returned and you are proved negative
- These results expire every after 72hrs, hence if your tour is still going on, you will need another test to allow you enter any other park or do any other activity after 72hrs of your test. (This applies to Rwanda only, not Uganda)
- Before departure from Rwanda or Uganda, you need to do another covid 19 test not more than 72hrs before your departure as you will be required to present your results before boarding your departure flight.
- While on your tour, you are advised to carry your masks and maintain social distance whenever you are in the public
For any inquiries, booking and travel related questions, contact NELSON