The 3 days luxury gorilla habituation tour will help you enjoy a lovely gorilla viewing experience where you will be allowed longer time with them as you observe and learn their natural way of life. This package also saves you the long drive to Bwindi NP by providing a comfortable 45mins flight.
Day 1: Fly to Bwindi National Park.
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla habituation
Day 3: Transfer to the airstrip and fly to Entebbe
Day 1: Fly to Bwindi National Park.
You will be picked from the hotel and in Entebbe and be dropped off at the airport to board your flight to Bwindi NP. It is about 45mins to 1hr flight to Kisoro airstrip that serves the southern sector of Bwindi NP. Currently, gorilla habituation is only done in Rushaga tracking section in the southern part of the park. Upon arrival, our driver guide will pick you up and drive you to your lodge. Overnight and dinner at Gorilla heights lodge/ Clouds Mountain Gorilla lodge.
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla habituation.
Assemble at the park headquarters for a briefing in the morning together with your trekking gear, packed lunch and drinking water. The Park officials will belief you about the dos and don’ts while you are out there in the forest. You will be grouped in groups of maximum 4 people to habituate a particular gorilla family that is still under habituation process (not yet fully accustomed to human presence). You will then ascend into the forest in search for these gorillas as your park guide and rangers lead the way. Once you have caught up with them, you will be allowed a maximum of 4 hours to observe, learn and take photos of these gentle giants as you follow them from a distance before returning to your lodge. Dinner and overnight stay at your Lodge.
Day 3: Transfer to the airstrip and fly to Entebbe.
In the morning after breakfast, your driver guide will drive you to the airstrip to catch your flight to Entebbe where you will board your international flight from or transfer yourself to a hotel of your choice.
End of Tour
Price: USD4100 per person
Included in this tour package;
• Gorilla habituation permit
• Ugandan visa fees
• Park Ranger Fees
• Relevant Government Taxes
• Full Board Accommodation
• Full time English speaking Driver/Guide
• Ground Transportation by a 4×4 safari vehicle
• Airport transfer, as long as your flight is on the same day on which the safari ends.
• Visa Fees for Rwanda
• Personal Insurance
• Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation & meals not indicated in the itinerary and optional activities.
- Mandatory hand washing
- Mandatory face masking
- Keep a distance of 2 meters away
- Before boarding your plane, you will be required to show your covid 19 negative test results which should be valid for not more than 72hrs (applies for both Rwanda and Uganda)
- Also you are supposed to fill a locator form (link below) which you will also be asked before boarding (failure to have it, you will be denied boarding)
- Once you arrive in Kigali, you will take another covid 19 test and be in self quarantine at any of the chosen hotels in Kigali for 24hrs as you wait for your covid 19 test results
You will then start your tour after your results have returned and you are proved negative
- These results expire every after 72hrs, hence if your tour is still going on, you will need another test to allow you enter any other park or do any other activity after 72hrs of your test. (This applies to Rwanda only, not Uganda)
- Before departure from Rwanda or Uganda, you need to do another covid 19 test not more than 72hrs before your departure as you will be required to present your results before boarding your departure flight.
- While on your tour, you are advised to carry your masks and maintain social distance whenever you are in the public
For any inquiries, booking and travel related questions, contact us