This 10 Days Uganda wildlife safari starting from Kigali Rwanda with Gorilla Trek Africa. The trip offers you best wildlife expereince for gorilla trekking in bwindi Forest, chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest and game viewing /launch cruise in Queen Elizabeth national Park
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali & transfer to Nyungwe forest
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking and afternoon Canopy walk
Day 3: Transfer to Volcanoes national park
Day 4: First Gorilla trekking
Day 5: Golden monkeys tracking / Dian Fossey hiking & Transfer to Bwindi
Day 6: Gorilla tracking in Bwindi national park
Day 7: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park via Ishasha for tree climbing lions
Day 8: Game drive & transfer to Kibale Forest national park
Day 9: Chimpanzee tracking
Day 10: Departure
Safari Day by Day
Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes NP.
Your tour guide will pick you from the airport on arrival or Hotel in Kigali and take you for a city tour. Visit the genocide memorial, Nyamata church, local markets among others. You will then drive northwards to Volcanoes NP with en route views of the Virunga mountains. Overnight at Muhabura hotel (budget)/ Davinci lodge (deluxe)/ Gorilla Solution lodge /Five Volcanoes hotel (luxury).
Day 2: 1st Gorilla Tracking Adventure and cultural walk.
Take your early breakfast and head to the park headquarters for briefing before entering the bamboo forest. You will spend a maximum of one-hour taking observations; photographs and watching them feed or play around. In the evening, you may go for a community walk to the neighboring village. Dinner and overnight stay at day 1
Day 3: Golden monkey tracking and transfer to Bwindi NP
In the morning, you will go for golden monkey tracking in Volcanoes NP and on return, transfer across the border to Bwindi NP in Uganda. Dinner and overnight stay at Gorilla Safari Lodge (Luxury)/ Bwindi Jungle Lodge(Deluxe)/ Gorilla Mist camp (budget).
Day 4: 2nd Gorilla Tracking and transfer to Ishasha sector.
In the morning, you will gather at the park headquarters for a briefing, and go straight into the forest to search for the gentle giants. You will be allowed one hour to stay in the presence of the gorillas, as you observe and take photographs. On return, you will transfer to the Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth NP. Dinner and overnight at your Ishasha Wilderness Camp (luxury)/ Ishasha Jungle lodge (deluxe).
Day 5: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park and boat cruise.
In the morning, you will go for a game drive in the Ishasha sector of the park for a chance to see the tree climbing lions. You will later drive northwards to kazinga channel for the afternoon boat cruise. Dinner and overnight at Mweya safari lodge / Katara lodge(luxury) /Park View Lodge(deluxe)/ Enganzi lodge (budget/deluxe).
Day 6: Transfer to Kibale Forest NP and chimp tracking.
In the morning, you will drive to Kibale Forest NP. In the afternoon, go for chimp tracking experience. If lucky, you may see other primates like several species of monkeys. Dinner and overnight at Crater Safari Lodge(Luxury)/Primates Lodge (deluxe)/Chimpanzee guest House(budget).
Day 7: Transfer back to Kigali/Kampala and departure.
In the morning after a relaxed breakfast, transfer to Entebbe airport passing through Kampala and departure.
Included in this tour package;
• Hiking permit fee
• Park Ranger Fees
• Relevant Government Taxes
• Full Board Accommodation
• Full-time English speaking Driver/Guide
• Ground Transportation by a 4×4 safari vehicle
• Airport transfer, as long as your flight is on the same day on which the safari ends.
• Visa Fees
• Personal Insurance
• Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation & meals not indicated in the itinerary and optional activities.
- Mandatory hand washing
- Mandatory face masking
- Keep a distance of 2 meters away
- Before boarding your plane, you will be required to show your covid 19 negative test results which should be valid for not more than 72hrs (applies for both Rwanda and Uganda)
- Also you are supposed to fill a locator form (link below) which you will also be asked before boarding (failure to have it, you will be denied boarding)
- Once you arrive in Kigali, you will take another covid 19 test and be in self quarantine at any of the chosen hotels in Kigali for 24hrs as you wait for your covid 19 test results
You will then start your tour after your results have returned and you are proved negative
- These results expire every after 72hrs, hence if your tour is still going on, you will need another test to allow you enter any other park or do any other activity after 72hrs of your test. (This applies to Rwanda only, not Uganda)
- Before departure from Rwanda or Uganda, you need to do another covid 19 test not more than 72hrs before your departure as you will be required to present your results before boarding your departure flight.
- While on your tour, you are advised to carry your masks and maintain social distance whenever you are in the public